SBC Vision & Business Case
We seek to contribute towards achieving a sustainable New Zealand and global sustainable development.
The SBC Leadership Forum produced a vision for a sustainable New Zealand. This vision is summarised in the diagram below.
Sustainable development rests on the three pillars of economic growth, social progress and ecological balance.
The business case for sustainable development includes the belief that operating within a well-defined framework of sustainable development helps companies:
- Be more efficient and competitive
- Engage in responsible entrepreneurship
- Increase their financial return and reduce risk for shareholders
- Attract and retain employees
- Improve customer sales and loyalty
- Grow supplier commitment
- Strengthen community relations
- Contribute to environmental sustainability
For further information, refer to the Sustainable Development Reporting Guide.